Re: Cyp. flavum alba

back / zurück

Abgeschickt von Uta von Rad am 25 November, 2005 um 11:01:04

Antwort auf: Re: Cyp. flavum alba von Lukas Hunziker am 24 November, 2005 um 22:32:21:

Hi Lukas;

I am not competely sure, but I still think I am right ;-)) As far as we learned it at the university there is a huge difference between an albino and an alba plant!!! So an albino is what you describe! But an alba plant is a plant that has a mutation in the main colour of the flower but shows the markings normally. So after what I learned a flavum (with the usual yellow flower colour) would be mutated in "yellow" and thus have a white background but would not be mutated in red spots. The same goes for a reginae alba: that would be mutated in the red colour, but whould still show the yellow markings on the staminode (but no red markings anywhere!). So after that rule a flavum alba should not show any creamy yellow but should be pure white (with maybe red spots)! Alba is not the same as albino!! Actually what we here at the lab see as an albion is one that doesn't show any true colour. These are usually not able to survive outside of sterile culture as they are not able to produce green, so no chlororplast (and no green leaves)...

Best

Uta

Antworten:

back / zurück