Re: Introduction and help for a beginner

back / zurück

Abgeschickt von Michael Vaughn am 15 Maerz, 2005 um 05:08:59

Antwort auf: Introduction and help for a beginner von Sylvain Burgaud am 14 Maerz, 2005 um 19:54:21:

Hello,

I'm not an expert on the calcium loving cyps yet, but I can definately say that the situation of your reginae bud is not normal. It should actually be green or white if it was buried. The water soaked brown areas indicate bacterial or fungal infected tissue. But all is not lost. I've been in similar situations in the past and quick action saved the day. First uncover the bud, but not the roots. Air circulating around the bud should dry out the dead tissue preventing disease from getting a good foothold. If the bud sheath is mushy I would even go so far as to gently rub it off all together. Usually it takes time for the infection to spread deeper into the bud and if you can get rid of the diseased tissue in time you can usually stop it. Perhaps a light dusting of sulphur could be helpful. Fungicides are an option, but if you've never experimented with them before you might end up causing further tissue damage.

Act quickly and it shouldn't be a huge problem. Improved culture over the summer and improved winter storage and next year this shouldn't even be an issue. Good luck

Vaughn

Antworten:

back / zurück