Re: Trigonopedia observations

back / zurück

Abgeschickt von Jim Hatchett am 02 August, 2003 um 07:44:20

Antwort auf: Trigonopedia observations von Darcy Gunnlaugson am 14 Juli, 2003 um 23:33:37:

My highly spotted plants flowered but were not pollinated so no seed, the unspotted (grown in a pot) did not flower. I plan to plant the unspotted individual in the general vicinity of the others in the garden this fall — my last attempt at Cyp pot culture. As for winter hardiness my plants have been exposed to at least a week of –24 °C temps but the medium (moderate organic) is quite dry due to our 12 inches average annual precipitation and winter humidity in the low teens.

My Cyps appear to have survived our (as of yesterday) record string of hot temps, 18 days in the month of July with temps above 100 °F (38 °C) with a high temp of 111 °F (43 °C), average humidity 8-10%. Unfortunately, I cannot say that my alpine plants have faired so well. Oddly enough, it seems that Cyp. guttatum and yatabeanum appear to have gone through this without showing much stress — a great surprise to me. Only time will tell if I have celebrated my Cyps survival too hastily.

Antworten:

back / zurück