Re: Rate of success

back / zurück

Abgeschickt von Uta von Rad am 22 April, 2003 um 08:49:18

Antwort auf: Rate of success von François Pageau am 21 April, 2003 um 14:25:58:

Hi François,

I would say that even 10- 12 °C is to high for seedlings in winter. They need a pronounced cold period (preferably below 5°C and above 0°C) to start dependable growth. But I guess the most important thing is the growth medium in wich you plant your fresh seedlings. There is not only one type of medium you should use but the important thing is: keep it sterile!!! And with sterile I mean no organic ingredients. I use a mix of seramis, perlite and vulca in equal parts, but others are using pumice, sand or pure perlite or anything similar. Keep the medium well-drained. If you have the space and money I would plant my ex flask seedlings in pots in such an inorganic medium and them buy a refrigerator (not a freezer!!) and place the potted seedlings in that refrigerator for at least 3 month. (flavum and reginae are even o.k. after 2 month). Do not water much: seramis is good because it shows you when you have to water: when the kernels are loosing color.

Hope this helps you and don´t hestitate to contact me if you have further questions.

Uta

Antworten:

back / zurück